Where: Complimentary Webcast
The sudden change to remote working and learning has created tremendous challenges over the past months. First hand, we have all experienced what it means to be in a completely online world. Performance, reliability, scalability--how do you provide all that to your entire organization on 3 days’ notice? The Cloud is a good solution. It alleviates the pressure on you to constantly maintain an expensive infrastructure, is known for its reliability, and can quickly scale up to meet the needs of all of your students, faculty, and staff.
In this complimentary online webcast, cloud architects from Unicon and IT experts from Lafayette College and Olympic College will join together to discuss cloud migration. The conversation will start with a collection of case studies that describes the cloud migration journeys of several higher education institutions--these will provide insights and ideas on how you can begin or continue on your own cloud journey. We will continue with an exploration of best practices for ensuring a successful migration and strategies for getting the most out of the Cloud. Finally, we will share helpful planning tools and resources, as well as information about the specific features and capabilities that AWS has to offer.
- An understanding of the components of a successful cloud migration strategy
- Best practices and recommended approaches to designing and carrying out your cloud migration plan
- A summary of helpful tools and resources for evaluating your readiness and developing your business plan
- Knowledge of AWS’s service offerings and how their features and capabilities can benefit you
- A sense of other institutions’ cloud journeys—the challenges they have faced, the choices they have made, and the results they have experienced
Bill Thompson, Director Digital Infrastructure, Lafayette College
Dessie Lunsford, Information Technology Applications Developer, Olympic College
Marquess Lewis, Chief Technical Officer, Unicon
David Mendez, Cloud Architect, Unicon
Who Should Attend?
CISOs, CIOs, CTOs, IT Directors, IT Managers, Cloud Architects, Engineers tasked with developing cloud migration strategies