The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team completed the first of two Open Source Support Briefings for 2017. This briefing inlcuded a collaborative discussion on completed development donated to the IAM open source communities (CAS, Shibboleth, and Grouper) via the OSS program; along with highlights on IAM community events, trends, and activities. The technical presentation suggests recommendations and best practices based on recent development. The briefing wraps up with an open forum allowing for all to engage with their suggestions, ideas, and thoughts on future development.
Summary highlights include:
- What’s new in CAS 5.0.5 and CAS 5.1.0
- Shibboleth IdP new features:
- Built-in support for Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) and Duo
- Password attempt limiting
- Grouper support for a real-time SQL loader and attestation